NATIONAL FACULTY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME
The information contained under the Faculty Development Programme can be used only with the written permission of the Competent Authority of MCI.
Objective: To improve the quality of medical training by training the teachers
- sensitize teachers about new concepts in teaching and assessment methods
- develop knowledge and clinical skills required for performing the role of competent and effective teacher, administrator, researcher and mentor
- assist clinicians to acquire competency in communication and behavioral skills
- update knowledge using modern information and research methodology tools.
The Medical Council of India, by the MCI Regulations on Graduate Medical Education, 1997, made it mandatory for all medical colleges to establish Medical Education Units (MEUs) or departments in order to enable faculty members to avail modern education technology for teaching. In order to boost this activity, MCI has been conducting Faculty Development Programmes through selected Regional Centres, since July 2009. These Centres are located at institutions which have trained manpower in Medical Education Technologies (MET). These are:
The location of the MCI Regional Centres is given below.
Location of Regional Centres
|Click on the star marks to view the center related details:
| Fellowship in Medical Education (Earlier named as Advance Course in Medical Education)
The Medical Council of India has initiated conduct of Advance Course in Medical Education, renamed as Fellowship in Medical Education (FIME) with the purpose of developing educational practitioners who can lead educational changes in their institution to make medical education responsive to the health needs of the society. Advance Course in Medical Education would be conducted by upgrading selected Regional Centres to Nodal Centres with required trained faculty and infra-structure.
Ten Nodal Centres have been recognized by MCI. These are:
Medical colleges have been allocated to these Nodal Centres for training in Advance Course.
The location of the MCI Nodal Centres is given below.
2. Summary of Teachers trained: View
3. MCI decisions on MET: View
4. MCI decisions on MEU, Regional Centres and Nodal Centres – Guidelines: View
5. Guidelines for Recognition of Health Sciences University as MCI Regional Centre: View
6. Revised List of Conveners and Co-conveners of NCs and RCs: View
7. One-day AT-COM sensitization Programme: View
8. Three-day revised Basic Course Programme: View
9. Detail of Curriculum Committee Memberss: View
10. Guidelines for MEU View
11. Requirments for recognition of a medical college as MCI Regional Centre View
12. Requirements of Department of Medical Education at MCI Nodal Centre in Medical Education View
13. Guidelines for recognition of Health Sciences University as MCI Regional Centres in Medical Education TechnologyView